* Penn Township, Westmoreland County ranks 10th in 'Safest Cities in Pennsylvania' in a 2017 report by "SafeWise 20 Safest Cities in Pennsylvania." Click Here
* Penn Township, Westmoreland County ranks 24th in 'Safest Cities in Pennsylvania' report by the National Council for Home Safety and Security. Click Here
* Penn Township's Facebook page for the latest news regarding the township. Click Facebook link at left
* Westmoreland Cleanways & Recycling Earns Keep America Beautiful Award Click Here
* Commissioners' Monthly Meeting Changes
Workshop Meeting will be 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
Business Meeting will be 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
* Electronic Recycling Suspended (Latrobe, PA)
Fire at their Innovative Park facility of Westmoreland Cleanways and Recycling forces suspension of electronics recycling. Click Here
* Penn Township Police now have a Facebook page where they will be posting news and events. Click Here
Stormwater Discharge Regulations | MS4
The Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) for the state of Pennsylvania began implementing the MS4 regulations regarding stormwater several years ago. Penn Township will be implementing these regulations, which includes educating the community on these new regulations. Information presented will answer the following questions:
1. Am I responsible for the rain flowing off my property?
2. Why should I wash my car in the grass?
3. How can my yard filter stormwater?
4. Can water off of my roof go into the sewer system?
Click Herefor the answers and more information about managing stormwater.