* The Westmoreland Conservation District is hosting a free workshop on July 26th on how to reduce mosquito habitat on your property. Click Here
* 'Draft Pollution Reduction Plan (PRP)'. Part of Penn Township's role in complying with the MS4 regulations is the completion of a plan to manage stormwater problems in the township. Click Here
* Penn Township, Westmoreland County ranks 10th in 'Safest Cities in Pennsylvania' in a 2017 report by "SafeWise 20 Safest Cities in Pennsylvania." Click Here
* Penn Township, Westmoreland County ranks 24th in 'Safest Cities in Pennsylvania' report by the National Council for Home Safety and Security. Click Here
* Westmoreland Cleanways & Recycling Earns Keep America Beautiful Award Click Here
* Commissioners' Monthly Meeting Changes
Workshop Meeting will be 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
Business Meeting will be 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
* Electronic Recycling Suspended (Latrobe, PA)
Fire at their Innovative Park facility of Westmoreland Cleanways and Recycling forces suspension of electronics recycling. Click Here
* Penn Township Police now have a Facebook page where they will be posting news and events. Click Here
Stormwater Discharge Regulations | MS4
The Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) for the state of Pennsylvania began implementing the MS4 regulations regarding stormwater several years ago. Penn Township will be implementing these regulations, which includes educating the community on these new regulations.
Click Herefor the answers and more information about managing stormwater.